vendredi 18 mars 2011

Street Artist n°3: Le nomade aux baguettes enchantées, dans Cambridge./The nomad with his magic sticks, in Cambridge.

Photo Stefan

While I was spending a usual day in Cambridge (having lunch somewhere, enjoying the free services of the shops, walking around, etc...), I saw with my friend Stefan, this drummer playing in the street. I was quite impressed by how fast he played. It was pretty cool to see him.
I had a quick word with him, Oded Kafri. I bought one of his CDs called The DruMachine Project, which he composed by himself. I was a bit disappointed with his music. It is experimental, using a lot of different kinds of music like ska, electronic, arabic melodies, an old fashion guitar and others... I'm not really keen on it.
Anyway, I've a great memory of this man in the street. Enjoy the video.

Ready to rock'n'roll, enjoy your music.

R'c.

Pendant un après-midi des plus normaux dans Cambridge, (aller au restaurant, profiter des produits test des magasins, faire le petit tour des rues à pied, etc...) j'ai vu avec mon ami Stefan, ce batteur qui jouait dans la rue. J'avoue avoir été impressionné par la rapidité du bonhomme. C'était une rencontre assez cool, distrayante dans cette routine du samedi.
J'ai eu une très brève conversation avec Oded Kafri (le batteur lui-même (oui oui)). J'ai pris un de ses CD, The DruMachine Project, dont il est l'exclusif compositeur. J'ai été déçu des chansons qui sont très expérimentales et qui mélangent ska, electro, une guitare old fashion, des mélodies arabes, et j'en passe. Bref, rien qui ne m'a fait accrocher.
En tout cas, j'ai beaucoup aimé le voir jouer dans la rue. Profitez de la vidéo.

Ready to rock'n'roll, enjoy your music.

R'c.

2 commentaires: